About the Braille Glove
Below we will tell you about the first mobile communication device for deafblind people "Braille Glove". This device:
- helps them to communicate
- gives access to information around them
- helps to socialize in the professional field
The principle of device operation can be described as follows:
You just need to start speak to the deafblind person and a special program will recognize your speech and transmit what you said to the Braille Glove via silent tactile signals in Braille. To answer, the user need just touch a palm by finger-tips and the typed message will be quickly converted to speech. Watch this video to see how the glove works.
Here're results of the testings:
- learning period is just 3-4 weeks
- speech recognition speed is 36 words per minute
- typing speed is 25 words per minute
Watch this short video from the last test. Here you can see the moment of the very first explanation of how the Braille Glove works. Training took place with hearing-impairment and visual-impairment specialists.
The application is based on the Google speech synthesizer & recognizer. It allows to use the device in any country and to communicate with a deaf-blind person in any language.
Technical characteristics of the device
- Total weight of the device: 141 gr. (5 ounces)
- Charging from the AC adapter (110 to 240 V) or from the battery
- Port for charging: Micro USB
- Operating time: from 6 to 8 hours on the battery (400 mAh)
- Works when the power is on — yes
- Mobile phone charging — yes
- Knowledge of Braille
- Availability of an Android mobile phone
- Application updating on 4blind.com
Charging adapter (availiable connectors: UK, US, EU, AU)
Instruction manual in Braille
- The cost of the device is 490 CA $ + tax + shipping
Ask your distributor about the availability of devices, you can always place an order in that way. If you want to place an order directly, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wholesale price from 10 devices
- User whrist circumference
- Charging type
We are ready to provide you with free support on any issues. You can contact for support via e-mail email@example.com, you can also send a request for repair to this address.